Four Fun Christian Halloween Alternatives!
Fun Activities for the Whole Family!
Looking for Christian Halloween Alternatives and Activities for you children? You have definitely come to the right place.
Whether we like it or not, Halloween comes around every year. Instead
of hiding out in your home and wishing it would go away, why not start
creating your own Fall Family Traditions?Hey!
Once You Pick Your Favorite Christian Halloween Alternatives,
Try Out One of These Fun Christian Character Family Lessons!
Four Family Fun Christian Halloween Alternatives!
- Throw A Kingdom Kids Party!
While Halloween celebrates death and demonic spirits, why not throw a
party for your kids celebrating life and the King of Kings!
Traditionally, many churches throw Harvest parties each year as a safe
alternative to Halloween. But, with princesses and knights being such a
huge fad, why not do something a little different? Here are some
Click here to download a free Kingdom Kids Party Invitation!
- Decorate your house with white Christmas lights instead of the traditional scary Halloween decorations.
- Have parents come with their kids instead of dropping them off. Make it a family event!
a costume contest! Allow kids to dress up as Bible heroes, knights,
princesses, veggie tales, Bible man characters, or other positive
- Have face painting.
- Roast Hot Dogs and marshmallows.
- Tell Bible Stories instead of the traditional scary stories.
- Have crafts and coloring sheets.
- Make It A Praise Party!
- Make Praise Banners by tying ribbons to colored sticks.
- Play kid's praise music, and let them dance and play.
- Make Witnessing Your family's Christian Halloween Alternative!
Halloween is the perfect opportunity for you to teach your children how
to share their faith in a fun way! There are several ways that you can
do this. I will just give one example.
- Print the free Witnessing Stickers available here.
- Let your children select the candy they would like to decorate.
down as a family and add the stickers to candy. Make it an event! Have
hot cider or cookies and play a bit of praise music to set the
- Buy or make Bible Hero costumes to dress up in.
Trick-or-Treaters come by, greet them in your costumes as a family, and
let your kids give them the candy wrapped in the witnessing stickers.
- It’s Better to Give Than Receive
If your kids are just determined to go door to door on October 31st, do something a bit different.
- Dress up as Bible Heroes
- Politely refuse any candy offered to you.
- Instead, give out candy wrapped in the witnessing stickers to every home that you visit.
- Make Playing Dress-Up A Regular Event!
One reason so many children get excited about Halloween is because they
get to play dress-up. Every one they meet makes a huge fuss over how
they look in their fun costumes. Instead, give your kids a chance to
use their imagination all year round!
- Surprise your 3-6 year old by bringing home a few dress-up outfits that you know they will love.
them wear the costumes around the house whenever they want. If you are
brave – Let them leave the house in it every once in a while lol!
- Make their dress-up time a big deal. Take pictures of them and maybe even join in on the fun yourself.
If you do this leading up to Halloween, it will not seem like such a
huge treat to play dress up. I have personally seen this in action.
I hope that these Christian Halloween alternatives spark your
creativity. Don’t forget to take the time and explain to you kids why
we do NOT celebrate Halloween. When you explain your godly decisions,
it helps them to make more on their own in the future.
For a bit of help explaining the dangers of the tradition, use our Halloween Bible Lesson.
Share Your Christian Halloween Alternatives!
Did you try out any of these fun alternative activities? Do you have a Christian Halloween Alternative of your own? Do Tell...
Finished with these Christian Halloween Alternatives?
Click here to select your next topical Bible Study.